Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sinking in...

Even with the packing we've been doing, I don't think the fact that I'm moving to Idaho has really set in. 
Until today. 

Last night we had a dinner with some friends. It was so great to catch up and hard to say goodbye. But it was fun! Things were light and  I didn't feel the weight of our move at all. But jumping on a trampoline with 3 adults and 4 kids makes sure that you can't be too serious. 

Today during sharing time in primary, it hit... like a wave. And if I didn't have  few other pressing matters to take care of (like a crazy homeless man that wandered into the church building and we were running around keeping those kids of ours safe.... but that's another story), that wave would have swept me out to sea and I would have drowned. The primary president was teaching. She stood up and said some kind words and gave me some flowers and a candle. I started to cry, but was quickly bombarded with questions from 25 sweet kids. "Where are you going?" "How will you get there?" "Can we see your car?" They all thought it was pretty cool that we are going to live on a farm. "What do you grow?" "Potatoes and wheat." "And carrots!" 

I've been in this primary for two and a half wonderful years. I have grown and I've meet some great people.
Tonight, Torri, the primary president, had a dinner for us with two other families that I feel so lucky to know. We were all put in the presidency last fall and had some big changes come quickly to our ward. I loved our 4 hour meetings with cupcakes. 
I won't see two of those women for a while. One is having a baby on Friday and and the other doesn't live around the corner any more. (I do get to see one tomorrow night, yay!)

The gravity of that hit me on the way home. I felt like it took me a while to really feel apart of the ward, now, that does not mean I don't like my ward! I do! We have some of the best members of the church in Brier. But it takes a while to get into the groove and feel apart of things. I was able to work with these ladies, and I really feel like I have some great friends. Well, I realized all of that and started crying. I am  sad I won't see them for a long time, but I am so much better for having known them.

But this week is going to be tough, I think. Packing up our belongings and leaving our first home is hard. I have lived here for 13 years, and I love it. But we are so excited for our new chapter to start. 

I can't believe we are going in 10 days.... 



Sent from my Galaxy S®III

No comments:

Post a Comment