Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

This picture was a few years ago (Christmas of 2007) but I love it. That had been a perfect day. I took a drive with my siters and came home to a yummy Christmas Eve dinner prepared by my mom. She is really good a cooking comfort foods! 
Mostly, I love that we all look so happy.

2007 was not the easiest year for the Doty family, but one were we grew together a lot. BUT it ended much better than it started. I learned a lot about and from my mom that year. 
-how to stay strong
-how to deal with a certain boyfriend (who later became my husband) and our ups and downs
-how to take care of a sick husband (the heart attack really took a lot out of my dad)
-that the best things will happen even if you need to put them on hold
-that family is most important
-enjoying the small blessings in life
-money is not the most important thing, but you must take care of it
-when all else fails, put your pj's on and watch Return To Me, even if its only 6:30.

I love you mom!
Happy ___th Birthay! 
(pretty sure you are 40 this year???)


Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

No comments:

Post a Comment