Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Our day....

Yes, that is my child, sitting pantsless and with sugary stuff around her mouth and a lemonade. Let me back-up a few days...
She got a slight cold last week, and it has been hanging on and we just can't quite shake it. It is enough to keep her cranky, stuffy, and lazy. Lazy is fine every once in a while, since she really is so busy,but we are on day 5 of her wanting to sit around (and I am sick of certain movies...Robots....).

We are going to an M's game tonight and I had to go buy tickets at the mall. This was my first time going to the mall with both girls. I stuck Addie in the stroller and used my scarf as a sling for Leah (why haven't I done that before???) Addie was hungry, so I got her some cinnamon sugar pretzel nuggets and a lemonade from Auntie Ann's. On the way out to the car, her lemonade spilled and her pants were soaked. So we took off the pants. When we go home, we put in Cinderella (at least its not Robots...) and she has been chowing down on her little pretzels. While I am not excited about the nutrition (or lack thereof) in the pretzels, I'm glad she is eating for the first time in days.

Our mornings have been rough recently and I read a story in the Rexburg Standard Journal this morning about a couple who recently lost their 18 month old baby girl. I cried for their loss, but more importantly I remembered how sweet it is that I have an eternal family and how LUCKY I am to have two beautiful girls. While my heart breaks for those who have dealt with the loss of a loved one, I am so grateful for gentle reminders that I have mine. It pushes me to be a better mother and wife. I am glad that I was sealed in the temple to my husband and that we can have a family that extends beyond this life, even if mornings like today make me think I could sell a certain two year old (I couldn't, wouldn't! ... I'd miss her too much!).

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment