Thursday, July 28, 2011

13 for Thursday

1. Ignore Leah's monster hand coming at you, but focus on her hair. This is why we love her full head of hair. Cute mohawks.
2. Leah is super easy. She just likes to nurse a TON and use me as a pacifier because she won't take one.
3. Addie is a good big sister to Leah. She gets concerned when Leah cries. "Uh-oh baby sad!"
4. Addie is a little tough right now. She just doesn't understand that Leah needs Mommy a lot right now. And that leads to temper tantrums.
5. Mastitis cleared up on one side to move to the other... womp womp :(
6. I have LOVED having so much family here. My mom was great with Addie. I loved having Mitch, Kenna, Marit and my dad here also. My MIL is here. She has cleaned EVERYTHING. She scrubbed my floors on her hands and knees today. I love her.
7. I am healing just fine. There are up parts of my days and there are definitely down parts, but today there was no crying episodes! I take naps every day, which is awesome.
8. Leah sleeps with me at night. I know, its probably not a great idea, but I love cuddling with her and having her close to me.
9. I try to spend time with just Addie every day. We read, blow bubbles, do puzzles, or just cuddle while watching movies together. I love my time with her. She is such a sweet girl.
10. Addie likes to sing! We sing lots of songs together. I taught her Ring A-round The Rosie today. That was fun.
11. I honestly wish Mike was able to take off more time. It has been difficult not having him home (see #7). But I know he's working so hard to provide for us ladies at home. He just loves his Leah. He is so sweet with her. He also spends some time with just Addie everyday, usually picking raspberries, but they love it.
12. The SUN is out!!!
13. I am tired, so I am going to bed. (Can you tell I am grasping at straws to come up with 13 things??)
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome!! Leah is a dream!

    I've been told by a friend who is preg with #4 that to help with the other kid not getting jealous or throwing fits because you have to constantly tend to the newborn, is to do something with the toddler while you're nursing the baby. Like, watch a show, play a game, sing songs, tell jokes, or just chat. Sooo let me know if it works :-) lol because obviously I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete