Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Two Weeks!

Look at our BEAUTIFUL Leah!
I absolutely love her!
Addie loves her little sister!
Mike is so sweet with Leah!
She is two weeks old today, and we had a weight check and she is 6 lbs 8 oz. Almost back up to her birth weight.

In these last two weeks we have learned a lot:
- Addie thinks that the whole family needs to be together all the time. She loves having Leah in the same room as her. Addie said "I love you" (sounds like "ah-low-ee" and she always says it twice) for the first time ever to Leah, then bent down and kissed her. I almost cried.
- Leah was wearing a onesie the other day and it had a big watermelon on the front (thanks Allyson!). Addie saw it and looked at Leah and said "I love you!" She paused, looked down at the watermelon, looked at me and yelled, "A BITE!" Then she bent over and pretended to take a bite of the watermelon along with sound effects! It was SO funny!!
- I am learning more about my in-laws. I haven't spent too much time with them in the past and this last week has been great. I have always loved them, but I love getting to know them better! Addie took a bit to warm up to Grandma H, but she took right away to Grandpa H. They are two of the most generous people. I am so grateful for their help, and for taking us out to eat lots!
- Leah is a GREAT baby! She hardly fusses and if she does, its due to the fact that I took to long to feed her. She usually sleeps 2 four hour stretches at night with an hour and a half long feeding/dozing/spitting up/pooping episode in between.
- Leah's hair CRACKS us up! It just sticks up all over the place. I just love it.

While we have yet to settle into any sort of schedule, we are enjoying this time with a new baby. I know this is going to sound clichéd, but I just love to look at her and see her move, look around, go cross-eyed and smile in her sleep. She is perfect. We love having Leah in our family. I can't believe some days that she is actually here and ours. I thank heaven for her every day.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetheart. Like everybody, I absolutely LOVE that hair! Mike was funny and said that he was a little hair-envied by the little sprite. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete