Monday, March 3, 2014

So, Its Been A While....

It has been far too long since I have updated our blog.

Here is basically a snapshot of the past few months.

December 11 - We found out we are expecting a BOY! I am so excited. Mike is excited. The girls are so excited to have a brother

Mid-December - We took a trip to Washington. We stopped in Seattle and enjoyed friends and some great seafood. Then we headed down to Vancouver to my parents house and we celebrated Christmas with them. We did presents, went up to the mountains to go sledding and there was no snow, played with cousins and really just enjoyed each others company. My mom and I also hit up some of my favorite consignment shops down there and found some really good deals on baby boy clothing.

Christmas - Mike's family was all here. We played outside in the snow, a lot. we spent 3 days up at the ski hill. I didn't ski, but it was fun to see my two girls ski. Addie loved having her cousins all around. Especially her twin cousins that are just older than her.

In January, Leah started going to the Toddler Lab up at BYU-Idaho. It is twice a week and she loves going. She doesn't even say goodbye. She just goes right in and plays. I have loved having a few minutes by myself twice a week. I go grocery shopping, clean the house, or shower. Sometimes I even just sit and relax and watch crappy daytime television. Mike has been taking Addie skiing a lot and the girl can ski. We just have to make sure that her blood sugar stays up or she has huge meltdowns on the hill. But she can ski anywhere on the bunny hill and he's been taking her up the main lift and she mostly skis down the cat track, but she can do it! I am so excited for her.

Last month we didn't really do a ton. Mike started to re-do our living room and paint Addie's room. We did a family ski day and I went up and hung out at the lodge. Mike took Leah up the lift, and she fell asleep about halfway up and then he had to carry her the whole way down, asleep. When the girl falls asleep, you can't wake her up. Mike and I also took a little overnight trip together, without kids. We just headed over to Jackson and enjoyed meals without children and we window shopped. It is always so nice to get out together and just be the two of us. But, I always start to miss my kids and feel guilty that someone else is watching them. But that time away from them is really good for my mental health. Leah is also potty trained! Ok, just during the day, but still! YAY!! We are still working on nights, but I am not pushing anything. She is my "I can do it myself" kid and if I push, she pushes back, so we are just going with the flow.

On the menu for this month is mostly the same as the last month. And Mike will start working again. We hit our one year mark here in Idaho at the end of the month. It has really been one of the best years that we have had. 2013 has been really hard also. There were some trials and heartache, but thanks to the Gospel and my husband and my family, we were able to move forward. Although the last year was difficult, it really was good. We have really settled in here and made some great memories.

1 comment:

  1. Love the catch-up. Especially love the big family snow picture - that's so fun!

    ReplyDelete