Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving and Other Happenings

I'll start with Thanksgiving. 
This was my first year cooking dinner for Thanksgiving. I cooked for 10 adults and my two peanuts. I made the turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and rolls. My two sisters helped a ton and they also helped with decorating and table settings. My mother-in-law brought two pies and  the veggie tray. Mike's  aunt brought a pie as well. I started cooking Wednesday and then Thursday I had my awesome schedule to help me through the day. By 5 that night, I was exhausted. Even Friday, I was almost useless. But, I actually enjoyed hosting. I'm not saying I want to do it again next year, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. 

We also bought a new car. We are growing out of my 4runner very soon (3 car seats don't fit in the back seat) and started to look around. I new that I wanted an SUV and the more we looked, the more we liked the suburban. It has captains chairs in the middle and I love that feature. It has some other fun features that will make our trip out to see my parents in a couple of weeks a really nice trip. 

We have also been enjoying the wonderful winter wonderland that is eastern Idaho. The highest I saw today was 7 degrees. We got about 8 inches of snow the other day and its not going anywhere for a while. My girls were going stir crazy today being cooped up in the house. School was cancelled due to the power being out for the whole region (we got lucky and kept power). Addie and Leah just wanted to go play outside, but it was too cold to be out there. 

 All in all, we are doing pretty well! Mike is enjoying the quiet time. He's been skiing a lot. I'm just plugging along and starting to feel big. I'm excited to see this little babe next week at my ultrasound. Addie loves school! She is doing pretty well and I love hearing about preschool drama. She loves being a ski bum with Mike. Leah is pretty cute and very mischievous. She got nail polish on my carpet today. Good news: Windex gets it out. She skied for the first time on Monday and just laughed the whole way down the hill. We are really enjoying our winter and we are really looking forward to the Christmas season and  all the fun  we have in store. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your Suburban! And nice work on Thanksgiving dinner...not sure I could pull that all off on my own :)

    ReplyDelete