Monday, February 13, 2012

Reason Number 5 that I Love Mike

Before you think, "What the...you both have a love for Lady Gaga??"

No.

Last night, he had no intention of turning the channel to CBS for the Grammys. But when all that was on was pretend news about Seattle getting an NBA or NHL team and people eating bull testicles on Fear Factor (who the heck thought up those crazy-a ideas???), we turned it to the Grammys.
My thoughts: Go Adele. Jennifer Hudson did a great job. T-Swift, I loved her straight hair. Let's not talk about Rhiana or Niki Manaj.
Ok...back to why I love Mike. During the Glen Campbell tribute, they showed Miranda Lambert (I think she is gorgeous). She was seated next to Lady Gaga. My first thought was, "Poor Miranda... Those are two opposite ends of the spectrum." My next thought was honestly this, "I wonder what Lady Gaga smells like and how Miranda hasn't dry heaved yet." I was coming to the conclusion that she smelled like a mixture of latex, old people, booze and nasty powdery perfume (you know which one) to cover it up, and Mike had this look on his face.
"What are you thinking?" It was during Rhinestone Cowboy, and he is not a country music fan.

His answer made me laugh.

"I was just wondering what Lady Gaga smelled like."

WHAT??? How were we having THAT same thought??

But that is one of the reasons I love him. We think the same things all the time. This is not an isolated experience, but surely the funniest one yet.

4 comments:

  1. This is a perfect post. I love this!

    Jeff and I laugh so hard when we have our "same brain" moments. And I think this is exactly how you know you married the right one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! Paul and I sometimes think the same things at the same time too and it always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA that is seriously the funniest thing ever, I laughed really hard! Yeah people think the same things as their husband sometimes, but who in the world thinks, "What Lady Gaga Smells Like"...HAHA too funny, you guys are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Most random thought ever! You two were made for each other! ;)
    That actually reminds me of Merrill and I the other day. I had a bad day, a very accident prone day. And he comes home and I start telling him about it, and it turns out that the 3 areas that I hurt that day were the same 3 areas he hurt, exactly. Different incidents, but in the same spots. It was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete