Monday, January 9, 2012

Leah

Ok...I know I have asked for advice on this before, so feel free to repeat yourselves (maybe I just need reassurance on letting my 5 month old cry a little?). Leah is not a good sleeper. Let me be more specific. She sleeps pretty well, as in I don't have to work at putting her back to sleep after her middle-of-the-night feedings (yes plural, usually 3...yikes). But the problem is getting her to sleep. The only way she'll do it is if she's nursing, and even then it's like buying a lottery ticket. Mike is great and takes her about 11:30 every night to let her cry it out while holding her. I can only stand it for a few minutes then I cave and go nurse her. But every night from 9:30 until midnight, she half sleeps, half fusses. I know she's not hungry because she only nurses for a minute then falls asleep. I also know she can go 5 or 6 hours at night without a feeding. Tips, comments and concerns are greatly appreciated. (Maybe I just needed to vent...)
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

5 comments:

  1. Gas issues? Try drinking Chamomile tea in the afternoon so it's in your evening milk. Gripe Water to ease her tummy?
    Is she swaddled well so she can self soothe back to sleep?
    Is her temperature right? Not to warm, not to cold?
    Infants sure make you appreciate toddlers who can speak, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its 3:30 am and I'm sending this while nursing...I'm calling you tomorrow because this sounds pretty much identical to Rose. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry's got lots of great advice! Max was about 6 months when we had to engage in cry it out so he could figure out how to get himself to sleep, but he didn't fuss in the evenings like Leah does. (As an aside, letting him cry was never hard for me, but I understand that a lot of moms struggle with it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm learning from these comments too! Leila falls asleep well but always wakes up once or twice in the night. So I've started CIO too. It's hard. The first time she wakes up I check her diaper and re-wrap her, give her her paci and burp cloth and lay her back down. Then I wait. Usually 20-30 mins. Then I go give her the paci one more time. And that's it. I let her scream until she falls asleep. It's hard. Good luck. Let me know if you find something that works well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm offering my support...that's all I can really offer since I don't have any motherly advice to give...but I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete