Thursday, September 1, 2011

13 for thursday

1. Addie loves cuddling in bed with Leah in the mornings. I love how much Addie loves Leah.
2. This morning Addie and I made banana bread with chocolate chips. YUM (thanks Meagan for the inspiration, you wanted pumpkin bread, us too, but we had brown bananas)
3. I am feeling an itch to sew... I have lots of fun projects planned! Skirts, pillows, halloween costumes, and gifts!
4. Mike is getting his itch to ski. It happens every year about this time. He watched a Warren Miller film last weekend at my parents instead of socializing... I must admit, I watched about half of it with him and felt that same it.
5. I love having friends with big families and big yards, so that when I go to their house, Addie can run around outside, mostly supervised, and have lots of friends!
6. Mike is going to Idaho this weekend. Our nephew, Ozzy, is getting baptized! I'll miss Mike, but I'm glad he can go to participate in Ozzy's special day!
7. My family is coming up for the weekend. Marit's high school is playing a local school and they are bringing Makenna up so she can catch a ride back to Rexburg for school. I am excited to see them!
8. I am running out of things to think of...I blame lack of sleep.
9. Some of my favorite blankets that we have for Leah right now are the ones from the hospital...I can't really tell you why I like them so much, but I do. I use them for everything, from naps, to bath time to burp rags. They are great.
10. The tree in our front yard is starting to turn from green to its bright red. Already??
11. I love fall. I am excited to pick my corn and pumpkins and decorate with them! I love everything about fall: sweaters, cold weather, apples, leaves, football Saturdays (but don't tell my mom...), Halloween, Thanksgiving and mostly that Christmas is right on its way.
12. We got Addie a train set for her birthday. The engine is battery operated. It is day 2, and we are on our second battery. She loves her train!
13. I wore my hair straight today for the first time in a week and a half, that makes it three times since Leah was born. I miss straight hair... But, I found some good curly hair stuff...finally!
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

1 comment:

  1. ahhh jealous about your yummy banana bread! I didn't have any pumpkin so my crave will have to wait :-) I can never make good banana bread...always so dry! Is your recipe good???

    Leah is so dang cute. I also love it when we visit grandma and other people with a fenced big yard. We don't really have a yard, just grass in the complex, but there isn't a fence so I am constantly chasing after Brinley and making sure she stays away from the parking lot.

    ReplyDelete