I thought afterwards a bit about faith. It seems lately my hardest trial is Leah's two hour feedings in the middle of the night, but I have been through a few hard times.
I know that everyone always says, "If you just have faith, you'll get through it." While I know that those are true words, it doesn't take any of the burden of your trial off your shoulders. Life isn't meant to be easy and there will always be hard times. In our darkest moments, having faith is important, but I know it can be very hard to act on that faith and the things we know we should be doing.
I guess I am still sorting out my conversation with my friend from earlier, but what I do know is that having faith means taking a step into the dark and knowing that the light will follow. I know that even if we are doing everything right in life, we might still experience our darkest days. Having the Gospel in my life doesn't take the sting out of my trials, but thanks to the Atonement and the Plan of Happiness, I can overcome those trials and come out on the other side a better person.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
No comments:
Post a Comment