We headed to Vancouver, Washington Friday night. We got in about 10:15, ate then headed to bed.
We had a FULL house this weekend. Marit was in New York City for choir, and so was my Aunt Lori (who is the pianist for the choir) and her husband. Her two youngest boys (12 and 14) stayed with my mom. My mom's mom, Grandma Shirley came down this weekend from Gig Harbor, also! Add in a large dog, and the house was bursting at the seams, but it was SO FUN!
Saturday morning, Makenna and I went and got our nails done (I decided I should start out every day with a pedicure). Mike and I took my cousins to Burgerville, which is our tradition when we go down there. For the afternoon, the ladies went shopping! Addie stayed home for a nap, but my cousin Katie and her Rose came! We hit up DSW, Homegoods, and IKEA. I bought a few things for the house and we ate lunch (ahem, second lunch for me...) at Ikea. Those meatballs with lingonberry sauce are heavenly. My grandma treated me to a new pair of shoes! Yay! That night we went to my cousin's house and played Dance Central. We had a lot of fun. Watching Mike "crank dat" to Soulja Boy was the frosting on the cake.
Sunday was pretty lazy. We celebrated my Grandma Shirley' 75th birthday. We enjoyed sticky buns and General Conference. I really love listening to the prophet speak and learning how to better my life and my family's. I love feeling uplifted and receiving instruction. I made dinner and Grandma and Grandpa Doty came over. It's always good to see them. We got to talk to Marit on Skype from her fancy hotel in New Jersey. By the way, everyone's reaction when they saw me was: You are huge, or You are pregnant (including Marit's when I walked by the computer).
It was a great weekend that would have been made better only by having Mitch and Marit there.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
Monday, April 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, I have a Grandma Shirley too! Cool beans. And I would pay money to see Mike dance to that song! HA!
ReplyDelete