Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Letter

Avalon:
We have never met, and we will never in this lifetime, but I have heard about you. You have been on my mind a lot this week. You were my sister's classmate, my aunt's student, and my cousin's friend. You were apart of a choir that I admired and took every opportunity to go listen to.
The day I first heard about you was admittedly one of my worst days in a while. In fact I can't remember one this bad since I have been married. I was so tired of dealing with a sick baby for the third week in a row, irritated that my child wouldn't let me put her down, tired of being stuck in my home, mad at my husband for forgetting his phone so I couldn't complain to him; I cried most of the day. I talked to my mom for a minute and listened to her day and some of her adventures. I told her a little of what I was feeling, but kept most of it to myself.
Then in a brief quiet moment, I checked Facebook, that is where I saw your name for the first time. I felt sad for you and your family. But, I am ashamed to say, that is where it stopped for the day. The next day, I found out more information about you, and that is when you affected change in me, forever.
Every day, I will look for good. I will enjoy my precious time with my baby. I will try to be more patient. Even on bad days, I will try to remember that my bad days aren't as bad as another's bad day. You helped me to remember how thankful I am that Families Are Forever, and that death is not the end. I will say "I love you" more to those I love. When I look outside and its gloomy and rainy, and look in my garden and see the little purple flowers coming awake, I think of you and try to be better for me and my family. I pray that I can help my children to be happy.
I pray for you, Avalon. May you find the peace your soul needs in the rest of our Father.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

3 comments:

  1. Cool, do share. Where is more info on Avalon's story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard the story today from someone that goes to the school, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard from Lori yesterday. I ache knowing that someone could feel so alone. Thank you for that tribute.

    ReplyDelete