Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mike's Job

Ok- last rewrite. I think this is the third one. I just feel like I can't quite get it right. Here goes:
When Mike lost his job last May, we were worried to say the least. We really wanted something that would take us out of Seattle. We love it here, BUT we would really love the eastside of the state or Idaho, Utah or elsewhere. (We were also really interested in a job...) A few things came across that interested us and could move us, but never really materialized. And to be honest some of those opportunities just didn't feel good.
Then he found a job a month later (BLESSING!). While we were glad he had a job, he wasn't super happy there. It was an uphill climb every day. Just before Thanksgiving, we had a job opportunity fall into our laps. We decided to look into it. It was a great opportunity, so we went for it!
So far, we have been so happy with this choice. Mike is a lot happier with this line of work. He jumped industries just a little, but still in the construction arena. And there are a few perks also (Prius, dinners, bowling, some trips...)
We would still like to be in the country, we love this job and the opportunities that are available with it. We are really grateful for it. And that I am able to stay home.
(How many times can I use the word opportunity??? 4... Not a ton, but I feel like I used it every other word... Sorry)

In other news: my cousin comes tonight! Doctors appointment tomorrow. I get to hear a little person's heartbeat. I have still been feeling just a little bit of movement. I can't wait until it increases. Zoo later tomorrow! Friday we are crafting!

Also, can I just mention how much I LOVE sharing my snacks with Addie?!? I am serious. She always says "mama" when she wants something and she does this funny shifty-eyed thing. We got a Happy Meal today, and its so funny to watch her enjoy fries. (And maybe a little sprite....)
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

1 comment:

  1. wow his job sounds awesome! so glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete