Saturday, February 12, 2011

Katie's Visit

On Wednesday evening my cousin Katie came to visit! She brought her cute little Rose (Who is walking!! When did our babies grow up??)
Thursday we went to the zoo. It was Rose's first trip. Addie loved it as always. Rose seemed to enjoy the otters, which Addie told her she would. And Rose growled at the sleeping bears. I chased Addie around the zoo; Rose sat so nicely in the stroller. After, we stopped at Dick's for some burgers, fries, soda and shakes. The girls slept in the car so we just chatted it up!
Time for a disclaimer: I love ALL my cousins. Growing up I was the oldest of the younger cousins and Katie was the youngest of the older cousins. There is a 4 year gap between us, so we were never really super close growing up. I remember how badly I wanted to a part of the older cousins, but I was too little. It is nice now that we are older and going through the same things in life, to be friends! I love being friends with family. Its really nice to have an extended family member that you are close with. I want that with more family.
Thursday night we put the girls to bed and Mike stayed home and we went to Target.
Friday we went to Nordstrom Rack. Thanks to some convincing from Katie, I bought some lovely black peep toes. The girls put as many shoes as they could reach in the cart. Addie threw a huge fit (which was awesome) so we left for another quick trip to Target. Lunch at Panera Breads. We got home for naps and we crafted. Mine isn't done but it will be today and I'll put it up here later.
She left this morning.
It was so fun to see them and have the girls play so well together.

PS: Addie is dancing right to "Under the Sea." She loves The Little Mermaid.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment