Ok. So most of you know that me and Mike have a less than perfect dating history
{Yup we tried it 3 times, and then on round 4, we got engaged. Best choice ever}
Some people might think that after that many tries we should call it quits.
BUT.
I knew a few weeks into round one that it would take him a little while. I knew he was someone I could love and marry. Yup 3 weeks in.
Round two: short. Pretty much we missed the action. (I'll admit it. We like to kiss...)
Round three: things actually got serious. We talked about marriage, not just in general, but when. We went on a trip together which brought us closer. The reason it ended was because I was going to school and he didn't want to have me tied down. But I wanted to be. I wanted nothing more than to just stay in his arms instead of drive back to Rexburg.
Sometimes I think about those 4 months that I was at school. Now I dated at school, but that semester I had a few other guys come around that I thought something could seriously happen. I wonder, "What if I had gone on a date with Bachelor number one?" "What if I let things happen a little more with Bachelor number two?" "What if Bachelor number three had tried holding my hand? Would I have let him?"
And then I look at our wedding picture, and Addie hugs my legs, and I feel teeny twinkle toes in my stomach {YUP!! Just a little, but the baby is there!!} and I think how lucky I am that we took our time and became friends. Even when we were not together, we were becoming better friends. I also know, that if it hadn't have worked out with Mike, I would have met someone else and things would have worked out.
BUT I am so lucky that Mike wanted me and WE are married and working on forever.
Thanks for our life together. I love you more today than I did yesterday.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
Friday, January 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, I remember all of the dating-not-dating-moving decisions! (Yours and mine, yikes!)
ReplyDeleteAnd I am so happy that you didn't find someone else where "things would have worked out" but that you and Mike stuck together, and life is better than just the minimum. (But I also know what you mean, even if boys are stupid and dump great girls, God still takes care of us. Thank goodness!)
You and Mike are one of my favorites, ever. And I'm so happy for you and the baby!! :)
Hehe being friends with both of you separately during all of this its good to see the end result! I was crazy watching the back and forth but I always had a feeling you would end up together and I am SO glad you did. You 2 are a perfect pair and compliment each other wonderfully. Plus you make cute babies!
ReplyDeleteFabulous post girl! I can say that my hubby and I had a pretty rough dating history too. I knew I wanted to marry him after our first day, but he took a little longer to reach the same conclusion, lol! I really enjoyed your honesty in this post--AND can I just say that I am totally diggin your blog background--it pretty much rocks!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
ashley
That was sweet.
ReplyDelete