Today, Addie burned her hand. I feel like it is my fault (most mother's probably would...but that doesn't give me much comfort). I was getting ready and she was crawling around in my bedroom like normal. She crawled into the bathroom, I turned my head for a second, looked back right as she pulled the
hot, Hot, HOT straightener down. It touched the back of her right hand for only a second, but we got a
2nd DEGREE BURN out of it. We headed to the doctor. She was so nice and dressed the wound. Now it is off to the pharmacy and a medical supply store to get the stuff to change the dressing twice a day.

I don't know how well you can see the bandage on her right hand.
That was my morning, how was yours?
That seriously made me tear up just thinking about it! (and I felt a little let down...but that's probably TMI)
ReplyDeleteOh man Ryan did the same thing but he pulled it off the counter and all 420 degree's fell on his little leg. he had 2 huge burns from the flat iron panels on his leg. it was 2nd degree as well and i called the dr freaking out! i couldnt catch him fast enough and i felt so bad. i took pictures of it too with the blisters and stuff just to remember. he has some scars that i hope will keep fading! poor baby Addie. we have been there. sorry mama, I know what you are going through!
ReplyDeleteshe looks cute though in her little outfit. a little diva
ReplyDelete