This year marks Addie's first Christmas! When we woke up this morning we went and looked at all the presents under the tree and I got super excited! Mostly for the coming years when she can really understand Christmas and what it means and be excited and grateful for it.
A few nights ago I told her all about the First Christmas and what it means to me. Even though she doesn't understand Christmas yet, I just looked at her thinking how perfect she was and how much love I felt when she was born and when I first held her. I can only imagine how Mary must have felt when she first held her little baby. I remember just being so grateful for this precious gift that had been placed in my arms; I couldn't stop smiling. I started to think the other day about the angels singing, "Glory to God in the highest!" They were praising and thanking our Heavenly Father for the special gift of the birth of the Savior. I think I felt a sliver of how they must have felt when I had my little Adeliade. But I am grateful for this time of year when we can really focus on the Savior and why he was born and came to earth. I hope that everyone will have a very Merry Christmas!
On a lighter note, we took a bunch of pictures this morning of her in her little Christmas Eve outfit. Here are two for you!


HEY ALYSE!
ReplyDeleteI JUST SAW ON KATIE'S BLOG THAT YOU HAVE A BLOG. I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU GUYS FOREVER SO IT WAS NICE TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN UP TO LATELY. CONGRATS ON YOUR LITTE GIRL, SHE IS SO CUTE! KEEP IN TOUCH!
-LEAH
I remember after our first baby, thinking a lot of those same feelings about Mary and the Saviour. It's amazing how much the little ones teach us just by being born. :)
ReplyDelete