Tuesday, September 1, 2009

ADELAIDE JUNE

SHE CAME!!!!!
AUGUST 30, 2009 AT 1:18 PM. 5 LBS, 15OZ.

Here is her little story:
Sunday morning, August 30th, I woke up with really bad contractions, right on top of another. We call the hospital and they said to take a bath to see if that wouled take the edge off of the pain, no go. So I called again and they said to come on over. My dad and Mike gave me a blessing. and that is when I started to cry, but I was extremely comforted knowing that everything would be alright. At 8, we were in the hospital getting checked in and out and everything. I was at 3 cm, so they decided to admit us. I tried to walk around for a while and the pain and the contractions just kept coming. I got my epidural at 11. I had progressed up to a 4, then stopped. Little Addy wasnt doing so hot, so they decied in a second to go ahead with a C-section. I have never been so nervous before. Within 20 minutes, I saw her and she was crying, I was sobbing, and Mike was crying. It was one of the coolest things I have ever been through. One moment, there is 7 people in the room, the next second, there are EIGHT.












6 comments:

  1. She's beautiful, and I love the name. I wanted to name Caroline that, but Tom wasn't a fan. I'm already working on him, in case we have another girl! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving her name! My little cousin's name is Adelaide and she goes by Addie too! I can't believe you had a c-section in like a 2 second decision process. Proud of you for being so brave. I hear the recovery isn't so fun but I hope MIke is staying home for "paternity" leave for a little bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby! I love that c-section babies don't have coneheads. Adelaide is a beautiful name, just beautiful. I can't wait to meet the itty bitty in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a beautiful story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! She's here! I'm so happy for you and mike! Sure hope all those birthing classes paid off...hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete