Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Words Per Minute?



...Maybe for me I should say words per hour because then my number would be larger.

Most of us have taken a computer class at some point or another in our formal education. The last one that I took was actually in college, my freshman year. It was a basics class that taught a few things that I already knew about Word and Excel. In seventh grade, I took another computer class. Part of that class included typing. We would take that Mavis Beacon test all the time. It would give us different sentences and we would have to type them as correctly and quickly as we could. I seem to remember that I would always do a decent job.
(Maybe I would even go as far as to say that I had an average of 80 WPM and a 90 percent accurancy.)
At work this morning, I happened to hear that a co-worker type 86 WPM. Needless to say, I got curious. I went to the following website http://www.typingtest.com/ and took a typing test. What a let down I was to myself. I took three tests. I am pretty sure that my average was 51 WPM and I had an accuracy of about 75 percent.

Maybe I should work on my typing skills instead others that I seem hone when I am at a computer, like shopping and watching CSI: Miami



No comments:

Post a Comment