Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy One Year to US!

Our first anniversary is tomorrow! To celebrate, we are going to see one of our favorite comedians who happens to be in town! I never thought that I would ever be nine months pregnant on my first anniversary. But I am. I couldn’t be more excited.

First Date (the one that was supposed to be a date, but another guy came along, and I paid for my meal): April 24th, 2007. We went to Institute and Red Robins
First Real Date: April 25th 2007. Out to eat at Cactus in Kirkland and then watched Orange County at his apartment
First Kiss: April 29th, 2007 up at Spada Lake, just past Gold Bar. It was the best first kiss I have ever had.
Engaged: May 25, 2008 at Discovery Park on a trail by the water at 8 AM. He pulled me out of bed. I hadn’t brushed my teeth yet that day. But it was perfect. I had no idea he was even going to propose until he was down on one knee with the box in his had and he was telling me the how much he was looking forward to our life together no matter what the ups and downs were (maybe it is the pregnancy hormones that are getting to me, but I am totally tearing up as I am writing this).
We were married in the Seattle Temple on August 22, 2008 with our closest family and some very good friends. My Grandpa Doty performed the sealing and it was beautiful. I have never felt anything like that before in my life. I am so glad I was holding Mike's hand across that alter.

YEAR OF FIRSTS
FIRST APARTMENT
BOUGHT OUR FIRST CAR TOGETHER
I SKIIED FOR THE FRIST TIME (and kept skiing...is it winter yet?)
SNOWMOBILING (first for me…)
FIRST PREGNANCY (Luckily, the baby wont come for a few more weeks, but I can't wait!)
FIRST HOUSE!

After one year, it is still good. I am glad that he comes home to me every night and that I still get butterflies when he holds my hand.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is so sweet...your new little girl is so lucky to be welcomed into this world by such loving parents!
    Yay for year one!

    ReplyDelete