Friday, July 17, 2009

Last night we went to our first birthing class.
When I registered, I received a letter in the mail telling us what to bring to class: water, snacks, two pillows and wear comfortable clothing. Last night, after scrambling around the house to get ready to go, cleaning up dinner, entertaining the missionaries for about twenty minutes, we grabbed our water, snacks and two pillows. As we pulled up to the hospital, we decided that we felt like dorks carrying around two pillows, so we “forgot” them in the car. We had no idea where we were going, but then we saw about six other pregnant women, and followed them. The actual class was pretty informative. We were lucky enough to watch the Miracle of Life video... Mike was a tad grossed out, but I don’t think he really knew what happened during labor and birth, so it was good for him.


THINGS THAT WERE FUNNY TO US:
o Birthing ball (Mike wanted to play with it all evening)
o The lady next to us kept burping, seriously it was every three minutes
o Each woman wore yoga pants but me. Next week I am wearing

pajama pants.

o knitted womb for demonstration

2 comments:

  1. HIlarious!!!

    I don't think Ryan knows what all happens with the birth thing....but he has told me plenty of times before that he HAS seen that movie and he is ready to be front and center for the whole thing...ew. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey its time for you to post some pregnant belly pics! You are almost done with this pregnancy. You guys did better than us- we never did birthing classes, I figured I have watched enough baby shows for 9 months I was prepared, I ended up have a c section so I guess it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete