Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Favorite Recipes: Volume 1

I'm enjoying spud harvest being over. Mike is currently doing field/tractor work. He's using a ripper on the grain fields. It breaks up the soil deep under the surface so it can irrigate better.


We eat potatoes often. I mean we do kind of have an unlimited supply of them, so, I always have them on hand. A lot of people ask my favorite recipes. I'll share a few of them today.

Baked Potatoes
We love baked potatoes. We will eat them as a side with just butter, or do Cowboy Potatoes and serve chili over them with cheese and sour cream.

Mashed Potatoes
I'm pretty sure everyone has a mashed potato recipe that they like, but to make mine special for holidays or sometimes Sunday dinner, I add a few things. Instead of just boiling them in water, I'll add in some chicken broth and a good amount of salt. Cook them until they are nice and tender and then drain them. I'll add a lot of butter, and some milk for regular ones, but sometimes, I'll add a dollop of sour cream or cream cheese. And instead of milk, I use whole milk or heavy cream. Seriously, just a few little changes can make a big difference in the potatoes. Mash away! I like mine to still have a few little lumps in them. Okay, my mouth is watering. I need to move on before I go make some at 9 PM.

Potato Soup
I use the Pioneer Woman's recipe. And it is perfect. It makes enough for us to have it for dinner 2 nights. And maybe a lunch, too. Go here to find the recipe. We had it Saturday, then again tonight. It reheats perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment