We blessed Lenox on July 6, 2014. While it was beautiful blessing, it was not our best day.
Earlier that week, Mike, Leah and I were sick over the Fourth and even had to cancel the barbeque that we had planned to have at our house. Addie was able to enjoy all the festivities and I thought she had escaped death (seriously, we all felt terrible....I'll leave out any more specific details than that). Sunday morning, Addie woke up and was feeling awful. We couldn't skip church because we had family in town and a bunch of friends here that were coming to our ward for that. And if I'm being totally honest, his little outfit wouldn't have fit if we waited much longer. So, what's a girl to do? Call her mom. My mom suggested calling a friend that usually watches the girls, and luckily, my friend was able to come over and watch Addie and help me get things ready for church. Dani was a serious life saver that day!
I snapped a few quick pictures of Lenox before we left for church. Each time we have blessed our kids, something has come up that has prevented me getting the pictures I wanted, but, that is fine. This little outfit was Mike's when he was a baby. My mother in law gave this to me as a gift when I was in the hospital and I just fell in love with it. It was a little snug on Lenox, but the bonnet really brought out his chubby little cheeks. I bought those booties for him, and I thought they finished off the outfit perfectly.
Mike, his dad, my brother and the bishop stood in the circle to give Lenox a name and a blessing. It was short and sweet and very simple. I am so grateful to Mike and that he has been able to bless our three kids.
I left church early, right after the Sacrament, and got home right after Addie had an, ahem, episode... We had a quiet day after that and I was able to reflect a little on how lucky and blessed I am to have my family and the love and spirit that each baby has brought into our home.
If you are curious about what happens when we bless a baby at our church, it is very similar to a christening. Go here to read more about it!
Saturday, November 1, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment