Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thirteen for Thursday

1. This picture is a few weeks old, but this is why I want nicer weather: Outside Family Movie Nights.
2. 34 week appointment today! Baby is great! Addie gets to help the doctor measure my stomach and this week Addie did it for the doctor (well, the doctor double checked Addie's work).
3. Every time Roxie walks by me lately, she'll lick me.
4. My mom, brother and little sister will be here in a few hours!
5. I have the worst heartburn. I have heard an old wives tale that says if you have lots of heartburn, then the baby will have lots of hair. Baby, you better look a little like Rapunzel.
6. WARNING: economy 101 by Alyse. There is a guy that has been doing some temporary work for Mike's company and his gratefulness just to be working will probably land him a job because a few other people are complaining about hours (which I'll admit suck for them right now). I see all these other people/groups around the country who want x, y, and z (which I'll agree are/could be important) because the think they deserve all these benefits, but isn't that what they are?? Benefits? Perks?? I just remember how thankful I was when Mike was able to get a job. Let's be grateful for the opportunities we have.
7. The Jehovah's Witnesses came to our house today to invite us to a big convention at the Tacoma Dome this weekend. Even though I don't believe in their religion, I have respect for them. They are going out to share their beliefs and to help bring people to God.
8. Today is a no nap day for Addie. We tried for two hours. She'll be a bear at 6, but whatever.
9. She's taking a fun, too deep bubble bath instead. And she figured out how to "slide" down the back of the tub, you know, where you played Ariel as a little kid.
10. The other day, I was emotional and crying. Addie said, "Sad?" And she came over and gave me a big hug and kiss and then rubbed my back. HOW SWEET IS SHE?? That turned my day right around.
11. Hey Cousin Katie: do you remember that conversation we had when you were up here about vivid dreams during pregnancy?? I have been having some strange and some vivid dreams.
12. I saw some kids walking home from school the other day and I got SO excited to take Addie school shopping. But then I realized that that is only 3 years away, and I got a little sad. But it brought back memories of back to school shopping with mom at Nordstroms. I love those memories.
13. Addie helps me unload and load the dishwasher. That has actually made me kind of enjoy that task. (If I am to be completely honest, I am an awful house keeper. I try really hard, I am not always successful, but I like the end results. I want to teach my children to keep a nice clean home and to take care of themselves...so I keep on keeping house!)
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

2 comments:

  1. I put up the wrong picture... But you can see addie's back and she is watching a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard the heartburn thing too...worked for this baby girl! So excited to see yours! So close!

    ReplyDelete