Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's been too long....

So I know it has been almost a month since I last posted. Here is an update on my family!





As most of you already know, and I guess I am now willing to say it to all of my readers (I honestly don't think there are that many....but some people do read this!): Mike lost his job a little more than a month ago. It was honestly a surprise to us. The company had just not been picking up many jobs recently, and they ended up cutting about 20 people across the board. It was shocking to everyone in the company, but we are really OK about it. We have no hard feelings toward anyone in the company with regards to all of it. The construction industry is really hurting right now. That night, Mike and I headed down to the temple. We really felt like everything would be fine. It would be hard, and we would have to make sacrifices, but that we would be taken care of. After a month, we had three offers! I am so excited. We have decided on the one we are going to take (I will tell you about after he has his real first day! Keeps my readers coming back, right?) and we are excited to be employed again.





In the mean time, we have been taking advantage of the time we have to spend with each other and Adelaide. We have gone hiking, playing in the back yard, working in our garden, I am becoming more domestic and trying to cook and bake more, and we are just enjoying life. Mike's dad came into town recently and we enjoyed the time we had with him. We are taking a quick trip tomorrow. Destination: EAST! We will go over the mountains and enjoy some 85 degree weather! We will see how camping with a baby goes.






Adelaide is growing like a weed! She has a new toy, a Lion thing that she pushes around and it plays music and she totally DANCES!!! It makes me laugh so hard. She throws up one hand and bounces while standing up! I have video of it, but I need to figure out how to get it on here.... But she sure loves to push the little lion around the house. It is hilarious when she hits a road block (e.g. the fireplace hearth) and can't figure out what to do. Usually that is when she dances!



We went on a hike in Discovery Park in Seattle when Randy(my father-in-law) was here. Addie loves being in her little pack! She is such a trooper! We spent too much time on the beach, and I collected too many shells for my collection.... I have a weakness. (PS... Sorry the pictures are blurry, I got a Blackberry and I love it minus the crummy camera on it). We walked along the path by the sound. We found the place where we got enganged! Ok, it's not like we were walking and saw it and were totally surprised. We knew right where it was, and we purposefully went there to see it. It is one of our special spots.






Lately I have been into cutting coupons! Getting good stuff for less is the best! On Wednesday we get the grocery store ads. I always go through them to see what is good and what is not as good. When I am done, I let Addie play with all the ads for a while. It keeps her busy for twenty minutes. She spreads them all over and rips them and shakes them in the air. She always has the biggest grin on her face! It makes couponing so much more enjoyable!












3 comments:

  1. Brinley seriously can't get enough when she has a paper in her hand. She looks at every side and angle.

    This is funny.

    I gave her a pad the other day. It was sticking to her arms and she was pulling it off and putting it on...oh my gosh...like 30 mins later she started to get bored. It's her new toy!! ahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan loves the paper too and books and everything else he can make a mess with! sorry about Mike's layoff but it looks like things will be ok. Brad went a year without a "real" job. I say real cause straight commission in a bad market doesnt get you any money. I am glad things are going well. Keep blogging I check yours all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about the layoff...thanks for sharing your positive spin on it. Rose misses Addie. I think we should come up to Seattle for a couple of days...what do you think?

    ReplyDelete