Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blessing Day

On Sunday, November 1st, 2009, we were taking our sweet time getting ready for 12:30 church. Mike's parents had come into town for the blessing and we were just hanging out. I had just gotten out of the shower and started the long process of actually doing my hair (I hardley ever wear it straight anymore... I miss that). I was going to get Addie ready last because knowing her, she would spit up or poop on her blessing dress (which is actually my blessing dress). So at 11:30, I was bathing Addie, and I hear Mike's cell phone ring.
Mike: "Yes this is Mike"
(Something on the other end...)
Mike: "Well, noon? We are actually blessing our daughter today so I don't think that we would be able to make it back from the stake center in time for church."
(other end)
Mike: "Oh? At our building? I think we can make that work. We will see you at noon. Thanks!"


Mike says to me, "Well, I have an interview with a member of the stake presidency at noon, and you have to be there."

I almost wet my pants. I had to finish getting ready, finish Addie's bath, and get to the church in a half hour? We live 15 minutes from the church... I think I felt like a chicken with it's head cut off running around getting everything ready.


I was only able to to get two pictures of Addie on my phone in her blessing dress. None with me and Mike, none with his parents or my parents or my grandparents. I was so disappointed.


We left the house and Mike was a little nervous, so was I. We got to church and found who we were meeting with. After about 10 mintues of talking, we both felt really good about what we had just heard. Nothing to exciting, but Mike was called to be in the Elder's Quorum Presidency in the ward. He will do very well. He was set apart on Sunday.


After the interview, we walked into the chapel. My parents and siblings were there. Mike's parents. Scott and Janessa Schlegel, our very close friends. And my mom's parents, who are divorced and my Grandpa Ray's wife, Mary. My mom's parents no longer go to church, so it was really nice to see them there.


Mike did such a wonderful job on the blessing. Addie slept (and farted...the girl has gas like nothing else...) through the whole thing. At the end, he went to hold her up a little and she stretched and pulled her little white blanket over her face.


It was so nice to have everyone there for this special day in Addie's life and ours.

2 comments: